Saturday, November 1, 2008

You are Invited to the 30 day Truth Dare!

Today is November 1st. The word "Thanksgiving" is all around us. The past few years I have been personally challenged to make the month of November an intentional month of praise.
Each day I would start with being Thankful for one thing, and carry that attitude throughout the day. Amazing things happen with 30 days of this!

This November I am going on a Truth Dare. I am asking you to join me.
Each day we will take a Truth from God's Word, and we will DARE to believe it for ourselves.
  1. Take the truth in
  2. Choose to believe it's for you personally
  3. Ask God to forgive you if you realize you have not been walking in that truth
  4. Take a step in the direction of truth
  5. Thank God throughout the day for that one thing.
Begin and End each day with the Praise Prayer from Psalms for that day.It takes 30 days to build a habit. I dare you to embrace Truth EVERY day this month.

Ready?
Day #1
Praise Prayer/ Psalm 103

Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits--
who forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases
who redeems my life from the pit
and crowns me with love and compassion
who satisfies my desires with good things.

Truth Dare: Wild Women Love More and Hate Less
Read this verse and ask God to help you embrace the application of truth in your relationships where you Love-Less than God's intended best for spiritual health.

I John 2:9-11
"Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light and there is nothing in him to make him stumble. But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in darkness; he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him."

To hate means to "Love Less"

Daily Prayer
Father, I can not love those who I don't love. But today I take the DARE to agree with your word. It is your will for me to love my brother and live in light. I commit my bad attitudes about certain people to you and praise you that you love us all. I want to believe truth, live truth, and change.

3 comments:

Nich said...

Thank you Debbie, I will join you on a Truth Dare to Love more and Hate less.
~Nichelle

Kristina said...

I am joining, too!

If Psalm 103 doesn't get you jumpstarted for a heart of thanksgiving, I don't what will! I especially love:

- it reminds me of the prodigal son parable -- "redeems my life from the pit...crowns me with love and compassion"
- I love the absolute-ness of it - forgives ALL my sins, heals ALL my diseases
- there is nothing in the verse that refers to it being based on anything I did or have to do -- it's all God!

This is my November memory verse!

Kristina said...

I am joining the Truth dare! I love this passage! It echoes the Prodigal son parable - out of the pit, crowned with love and compassion. I love the absolute-ness of the promise - He forgives ALL my sins, He heals ALL my diseases. I love that there is no mention of these promised being based on the condition of my behavior or perfection. It's all Him!