Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 27 of the Truth Dare

Happy Thanksgiving!
You and I will be as thankful as we choose to be.

Learning to live in Thanks is like one big circle...
Living a life of thanksgiving is a progression that begins with our thoughts, which produce our attitude. Our attitude comes out in what we say. What we say affects how we live. How we live is determined by what we give. Think, Speak, Live, Give.

Thanks Thinking
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind ( Romans 12:2)

We demolish every thought that goes against the knowledge of God ( 2 Cor 10:5)

We bring our thoughts into obedience to Christ ( 2 Cor 10:5)

Whatever is good or praiseworthy...think about such things ( Phil 4:8)

Thanks Speaking
Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Always give thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.(Eph 5:19-20)
Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. ( James 3:10)


Thanks Living
Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus ( 1 Thes 5:16-18)

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself." you are doing right. (James 2:8)

Rejoice in the Lord always. ( Phil 4:4)

Do not be anxious about anything ( Phil 4:6)

For in him we live and move and have our being. ( Acts 17:28)

Thanks Giving
Be very careful, then, how you live...not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity. ( Eph 5:15)

Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
(Luke 6:38)


Praise Prayer/ Psalm 5:1-3
Give ear to my words, O LORD,
consider my sighing,
Listen to my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my
requests before you
and wait in expectation.

Truth Dare
James 2:20
"Faith without deeds is useless."

Challenge Steps
Today practice your faith by paying attention to Truth.
  • Think on these things: what is true and good.
  • Speak what is kind: bless others with your mouth
  • Live in Love: extend yourself beyond yourself...be patient and kind
  • Give to others: treat others how you wish to be treated
Daily Prayer ( today taken from Tommy Newberry, the 4:8 principle)
Lord protect me from the temptation to complain, condemn or focus on what is wrong with things. Instead elevate my thinking and open my eyes so that I see your presence in all situations. I want to appreciate the abundance that surrounds me and activate the joy that is hidden within me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments: