Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 24 of the Truth Dare

THANKS....LIVING
It's Monday and the Thanksgiving countdown has begun. In just a few days we will be stuffing our little faces and spending time with family or friends. It's a nice tradition.

I have another tradition for you to begin...TODAY.
What if over the next few days you only focused on being thankful?
Give yourself something to remind you...a cell phone alarm, a computer reminder message...something that will remind you to STOP for that moment and reflect on something you are thankful for. Then take your reflection a step further and actually Thank God because all blessings, all gifts, all of life...comes from the Father.

Praise/Prayer Isaiah 46:9-10
Remember this, fix it in mind,
take it to heart
I am God, and there is not other
I am God and there is none like me
I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.

Thank God that He is a Mighty God with power over your life.
Praise Him that He is God and that His purpose Stands!
Find Peace in the truth that if God wills something in your life, nothing can stop it.
God does what He pleases, because He has a plan, and His plan will be accomplished.
Praise Him today for WHO He says He is!

I am setting my cell phone alarm, as soon as I publish this post!
Will you join me, every hour thanking God for something?

Truth Dare
Philippians 3:1
Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safegaurd for you.

Challenge Steps
  • Take note of something that is continually repeated in Scripture, because it must be important
  • Learn to rejoice in the Lord, which means thanking God that He is God, even when things are not that great. Thank God for who He is. This is a spiritual discipline that is life changing.
  • Praising and Thanking God is a Safegaurd...or a safety latch for our emotions, our soul, our very life. Sometimes, if we are honest, we will admit that our emotions need to be reigned in and definitely need a safety latch...or else they will be lost in self.
Here's what my friend Lorri posted thankfulness for on her blog today:
Today, I am thankful for......

The heater that warms my house on this chilly morning.
Gas that costs $1.78!
No getting up and going this morning.
The ladies that will come today to plan the Christmas Tea for our church.
Clear blue skies and snow capped Rockies.
and coffee, lots of coffee!

You can follow her week of Thanks at... lorriscancerupdates.blogspot.com

Now...Let me know what YOU are Thankful for. Log in and Praise God with Me!
Every practical moment is turned into a spiritual moment when we turn our thoughts to God and are thankful.

Daily Prayer
Lord, You are big and mighty. You are all powerful over everything. You are God and there is none like you. You are My God, and I worship you and desire to serve you all of my days.
I thank you that your purpose stands firm in our lives. My life has been such a wreck at times, but in your mercy, you have restored, redeemed and brought my life out of many times of calamity because you are faithful to accomplish your purposes in us. Thank you Lord. Oh...this is why we sing...Not to us, but to YOUR NAME be the glory! Be glorified Lord. Be glorified!

3 comments:

Lorri said...

I am thankful for the mention on the Wild Blog! I am also thankful that yesterday at church we learned that the NT word for worship literally means "to kiss toward." Isn't that a sweet picture of what it means to love God? Jesus, I am thankful that you made a way for me to kiss the Father! It is joy to belong to You, God! Amen.

Anonymous said...

I am Thankful that I have words of encouragement and inspiration to read each morning through your blog, bringing me into God's sweet presence.
Thank You!!

Anonymous said...

HI Debbie,

Thankful for the en-couragement that you offered today. With all the rushing around that holiday entertaining brings it so good to be re-mineded to stop & give thanks in all circumstances! Thankful for you, mary