Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day 29 of the Truth Dare




The Lord gave each of us a heart to know Him. He inscribed His desires and thoughts on our new heart. He will cleanse our hearts and keep them clean.

But our minds have become clogged with negative self-talk, lies of the culture, bitterness and the many other things we insist on holding on to. It's much like a dirty pitcher of water, with debris floating around, contaminating the entire pitcher.

Imagine putting a glass of dirty water under a faucet. Turn on the water and watch what happens. The continual flow of fresh clean water begins to push out the dirty water. Eventually, the water in the glass will be clean...spilling over the edges.

This is what God desires to do in us...give us a clean heart. Remember out of the heart the mouth speaks, so a clean heart is pretty important. Also, take courage, if you have tried and tried to purify your own heart, you can not do this heart cleansing on your own.

This cleanse takes the Power of the Almighty.

Praise Prayer/ Psalm 51:7
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me and I will be whiter than snow.

Truth Dare John 7:37-38
"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink...streams of living water will flow from him."

Ezekiel 36:26
"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from your your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws...you will be my people and I will be your God."

Jeremiah 24:7
"I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart."

Challenge Steps
  • Take time to recognize and yield to God's work in you.
  • Ask Him to fill you with Living Water, a water that has a dual purpose. It quenches the thirst of our hearts and cleanses at the same time.
  • What dirt particles have been recently floating around in your glass?
  • How has your thinking either helped or refused the flow of new fresh water?
  • Decide today what cup you want...dirty water or clean water brimming over.
The Choice is Ours. The power to cleanse and change is His.

Daily Prayer
Lord, It's Wild to think I can be cleansed from all the icky me by your power. Wilder still to think that you desire to give me a new heart and be my God. I know these things, but often forget them in the hustle and bustle of real life. Help me God to settle down today with a glass of fresh clean water...your living water. Cleanse Me, Purify Me and Teach me how to Challenge the Dirt that keeps trying to fill up my glass!

No comments: