Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 25 of the Truth Dare

Thanks...Living begins with Thanks... Thinking

To be carnally minded is death, to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
( Romans 8:6)

"Attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious free life." ( Romans 8:6 from The Message)

Do you have an alarm on your cell phone or watch? Try setting it at specified intervals for the next few days. Each time the alarm goes off it will remind you to stop and be thankful for a moment. It is amazing how this brief pause many times in the day can change your focus and attitude.

"The battle you wage against your human nature is an invisible one that will be won or lost in the mind. Minute by minute, hour by hour, in the hidden workshop of your mind you are constructing thoughts of good or evil, depression or joy, success or failure. You are writing your own life story as a human being with each subtle and soundless thought you think." taken from The 4:8 Principle, Tommy Newberry.


As my phone alarm went off at the appointed times throughout the day Monday, I was reminded to stop and be thankful. But in between those times I was thinking according to my routine "normal" of auto-pilot random thoughts. Some of my random thoughts can begin to spiral me to a negative place. I plan today to set my timer again. And, today I am hoping to be more aware of God's presence all around me. In the busy holiday week I want to make time and space to think frequently on things above. Will you join me?

Praise Prayer/Psalm 3: 3-6, 8
But you are a shield around me, O Lord;
you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
To the LORD I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill.

I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
I will not fear the tens of thousands
drawn up against me on every side.

From the Lord comes deliverance
May your blessing be on your people.

  • Thank Him that He is a Deliverer
  • Thank Him that He Gives Us a New Shot at Life Each Day
  • Thank Him that He Sustains Us
  • Thank Him for His Blessing, Even if you don't feel like your are blessed right now!
Add your reasons to Thank God to the list!

Truth Dare Galatians 6:7-10
A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction, the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will rap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

This is powerful when applied to our thoughts! You can not think negatively and live positively any more than you can plant an apple seed and expect to harvest an orange.

Challenge Steps
  • Expect the Best...Because God is Good.
  • Trust God with the Outcome
  • Stand Firm, your battle is the Lords
  • Sow thoughts that are Good and Positive
  • Resist the Urge to go to the Negative Place
  • Decide to Do Good, Think Right, and Speak Love to people in your life.
  • Confess all things that are critical to God
  • Hold on the the Good and Dwell There
  • Thank Jesus that you are a New Creation in Christ!
Daily Prayer
Lord, Take my mind and let it be shaped and formed by you. Teach me to be intentional in my thoughts and the ways of my mind. Give me the strength to break the cycle of negativity or criticism. I need you Lord. You are my joy and to you I commit my mind and the outcome of my life.






1 comment:

Kim C Pace (aka Casey) said...

I am thankful that the Lord was with me and watched over me even before I knew Him. I am thankful for His patience yet persistence in brining me into His arms.