Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 14 of the Truth Dare

To lead well, we must learn to Praise God in the hard times.

Praise Prayer/ Psalm Psalm 57: 1-3
Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me,
for in you my soul takes refuge,
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
until the disaster has passed.

I cry out to God Most High,
to God, who fulfills his purpose for me.
He sends from heaven and saves me,
rebuking those who hotly pursue me
God sends his love and his faithfulness

Truth Dare

1 Thessalonians 5:12-15
Live in peace with each other. Encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and everyone else.

Peace: the absence of hostility, harmony, freedom from disquieting feelings or thoughts.

Challenge Steps
  • Are you in a hostile or disquieted place with someone? Ask God to lead you to a place of living in peace.
  • Think of at least one person you can encourage today.
  • Realize that being patient is a step of death to self, and life unto God
  • Do you have a habit of paying others back for wrongs done to you? Take that habit to the Lord, because it must change.
Daily Prayer
Father, To you I come today in the midst of life challenges, news of Southern California fires, knowledge of people I care about being in pain or in the hospital. I come to you, Jesus, I come to you. Pull me to a place today that will be quiet and at peace with you, encouraging to another, and your best for me " just for today". In you Lord I take refuge and in you I find a resting place.

No comments: