Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Truth Dare Day 12


The Renewed Mind is a Joy-Filled Mind!

Praise Prayer/ Psalm 126
Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations
"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.
Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy...


Life is complicated. If it were not so complicated it would be easy to be peaceful, joyful and in control of our emotions, wouldn't it? What if I told you that despite a complicated world, we can all learn the secret to true joy? What if that joy actually had something to do with your choice of thoughts? Hold on...because that is exactly what I am wanting to shout out, and it's not my philosophy, it's God's. You can turn your day around by changing your habitual bent towards a negative attitude. Choose God's way today...and just know, girlfriend, I am choosing it too.
God help us!

Truth Dare
Philippians 4:8,9b
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praise worthy--think about such things...And the God of peace will be with you.

The Challenge Steps
The message in Philippians is to "think like God thinks"
To understand how God thinks, we must understand who He is.
In the Bible we get a picture of who God is. Today think about who God is, and let that be your "is there is anything good" in your day. While you are at it, personalize who He is, and believe that this is who God is towards you!
  • God is love
  • God is merciful
  • God is forgiving
  • God is ever present
  • God is powerful
  • God is holy
  • God is just
  • God is faithful
  • God is unchanging
  • God cares
Daily Prayer
Dear God, today I desire to turn my thoughts around. I bring to you my negative, dull way of thinking. And, I exchange it for the sparkle of who you are in the midst of everything in my life.
I desire to have a new way of thinking, a different way of responding, and a free way of living.

No comments: