Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 11 of the Truth Dare

Today we add a NEW Wild leadership principle.....
  1. In order to lead, you must first learn how to follow
  2. To lead well, you must learn to love well
  3. To lead well you must submit to a renewed mind.

You can not have a positive life with a NEGATIVE mind.
We are well into the Truth Dare and now is the time to
begin focusing on what our "thinking" really is.
Negative?
Positive?
Self-Defeating?
Obsessive Worry?
Nit-Picking?
Looking for what's missing?
Assuming the worst?

Being Wild in Jesus is being TRANSFORMED a little more each day, by our minds changing and being renewed.

Praise/ Prayer Psalm 23
You prepare a table before me in
the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love
will follow me
all the days of my life.

Truth Dare
Proverbs 23:7
"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he"

Romans 8:5
"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires;
but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires."

Challenge Steps
Take a thought survey:
  • What has your outlook been like lately?
  • Does your outlook produce a good outcome?
  • Does your outlook produce worry, stress, fear or insecurity?
  • Does your outlook line up with the truth: "surely goodness and mercy will follow me?"

Retrain your brain
  • Ask God to search your heart and thoughts
  • Fill your mind with what Scripture says today ( even just the Psalm 23 Praise Prayer)
  • Internalize what it means that God prepares a banquet for you in the presence of your enemies.

Note* Your enemies are not "people" but your enemies are the lies that Satan tries to get you to buy into, and your enemies can be your own stinking thinking.

Daily Prayer
Lord, I need your help. I am asking you to show me the areas of thought and process that are not of your Spirit. Show me where the enemy of my soul is trying to defeat me. Lead me Jesus and I will follow.

No comments: