Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 16 of the Truth Dare

It is not what we do that determines who we are, it is who we are that determines what we do!

We don't labor in God's work to make God love us,
we do God's work and follow after him as a response to the love He has for us.

Praise Prayer/ Psalm 5: 2-3
Listen to my cry for help.
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
In the morning, O LORD, you
hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.

Truth Dare
1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my dear brothers,
stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

The Challenge Steps
  • Don't allow your emotions to rule you.
  • Stop at the point of emotional response, Drop to your knees( this can be a figurative dropping to your knees...) Roll your care over to the Lord. Repeat as often as necessary to distance yourself from merely living by emotions rather than faith in God.
  • Stand firm in faith of His love for you
  • Each new day lay your requests before God
  • Are you hurt? Then tell him so.
  • Are you depressed? Then cry out to Him.
  • Are you happy? Then thank him for the joy within your heart
  • Give yourself fully over to God's plan for you, one day at a time.
Daily Prayer
Lord, I come to you this morning laying all of "me" down before you. I ask you to take the ME out of my day in favor of YOU being the larger more prominent aspect of all I am and all I do. Teach me how to stand firm against all that life throws at me that would capture my attention from you and the work you have for me this day.

No comments: