Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 10 of the Truth Dare


Aloha, I am told, is a greeting of friendship, warmth, and welcome. It's a kindness spoken. As I leave Kauai today, I leave memories of many Alohas and beautiful women who love the Lord.

It makes me stop and think of the Lord's love and compassion for us all. For surely the Lord desires to wrap us up in His Aloha for us.

Praise Prayer/ Psalm 32
Let everyone who is godly pray to you
while yo may be found;
surely when the mighty waters rise,
they will not reach him. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.

Aloha!

Truth Dare
1 Peter 4:7-10
The end of all things is near.
Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sin. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others.

Challenge Steps
  • Live like its real, and get over yourself today
  • Be alert and focused on the love of God, so you can pray
  • Reach out to the people you come in contact with today, with love
  • Offer help and kindness
  • Refuse to grumble today
  • Acknowledge your gift, and serve God with it.
Daily Prayer
Lord, Today I come to you with gratitude for your unfailing love. I ask that I would learn to walk in that love, offering help, hope, kindness, and love to those in my life. Help me when I get tired and want to quit doing the walk of love. Help me to remember not to grumble. Show me what my gifts are that come from you, and teach me to use them wisely.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Aloha is like the word Shalom...Aloha is hello, goodbye and I love you. Shalom is hello, goodbye and peace. Would it be too much of a strength to say God is our Jehova Aloha Shalom? Thanks for the reminder to focus on his love...Aloha be also with you!