Friday, November 7, 2008

Day 7 of the Truth Dare

Good Morning! Coming to you from Kauai, Hawaii
I am here this weekend to speak for Kauai Women of Faith. Have already met some wonderful women!
*******************
Why is it so hard to put our hope in God? What do we think we can do on our own? And, why is Trust so often our last resort option?

Trust is probably hard because we don't know the outcome and can't know the future. But, trust is probably the most important thing we can give ourselves over to learning. Will you join me in learning how to trust Jesus with the details of our lives and days?


Praise Prayer/ Psalm 25
To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;
in you I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
No one whose hope is in you
will ever be put to shame.

Truth Dare
1 Corninthians 15: 57-58
Thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Challenge Steps

  • Thank God that He gives you victory through Christ
  • Intentionally Stand Firm in the areas where you sense victory slipping
  • Daily give yourself over to the Lord and his work for that day
  • Thank God that nothing done in Christ is every for nought

Daily Prayer
Father I want to stand firm in being thankful unto you. Put within my soul the truth tht you give me the victory. May I give myself over to you more and more each day.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

oh my gosh...you look so cute with your lei! I'm heading to the chilly mountains in a few hours...love where I am, but wouldn't mind being where you are! :)