Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day 8 of the Truth Dare

You have been challenging yourself to hold on to the truth for one week!

Has anything been different for you, as you have intentionally put God's word in you, praised and prayed the Psalms, and taken action steps to line up with Truth?

Praise/Prayer Psalm 16

LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. I will praise the LORD who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand I will not be shaken.

Truth Dare
Hebrews 12:7-8,10-11
Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not discipliend by his father? If you are not disciplined ( and everyone undergoes discipline) then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. God disciplines for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Challenge Steps
  • Take a different look at your current hardship
  • What within your situation might be God's discipline?
  • Sit in the swing with Jesus, give him the thing that is so hard right now.
  • Thank him that you are a true daughter of his and not an illigitimate child that he doesn't care about.
  • Praise Him several times today for his hand on your life and his covering in your hardships.
Daily Prayer
Lord, I just want to thank you for how good you are. You invite me to sit with you, wait with you, and trust in you during life's hard things. Thanks that you use these things to shape me and change me. Help me to be focused on "Christ at work in me" during times of discipline and hardship.

No comments: