Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 5 of the Truth Dare

Wild Women in Leadership need new eyes to see the truth.

Day 5 Praise/Prayer Psalm 119
Do good to your servant, and I will live;
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.
I am a stranger on earth; do not hide your commands from me.

Teach me to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your command, for there I find delight.

Truth Dare
2 Corinthians 5:16-17,20
So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.

The Challenge: Steps to Take
1. Think about how you view things. Do you tend to view life through a lens of worldliness?
Worldly or carnal values? Do you view others this way? Do you view yourself this way?

2. Be intentional today about coming in line with TRUTH. Ask God to make these truths real to you:
  • You are New.
  • You are in Christ.
  • You are His ambassador.
  • He is working through you.
Ambassador: a diplomat of the highest rank. One representing another!

From the Message:
Now, we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone' a new life burgeons!

Daily Prayer
Lord, Give me eyes to see things the way you do. I need a new view, a new perspective, a reality check with truth. I often only see myself, others and circumstances through worldly eyes. I am asking you to give me spiritual eyes to see things from a different perspective. Give me new eyes Lord. And, Father, I am asking that you would work in me, and that I would represent you well in my little corner of the world, being faithful to your call...one day at a time.

1 comment:

Alicat said...

This made me think of a Brandon Heath song I heard on the way to work this morning, "Give Me Your Eyes". The chorus is:

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see

Something I ask for when I pray for God to use me and His eyes that see me as daughter.