Monday, November 3, 2008

Day #3 of the Truth Dare

  • To learn to love well, we must live loved and known.
  • It is a challenge to continually have the Love of God in the forefront of our minds.
  • It is necessary to be mindful of His Love for us as individuals, if we are going to live victoriously!

Day 3 Praise Prayer/ Psalm 108

For great is your love, higher than the heavens,
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and
let your glory be over all the earth.
Save us and help us with your right hand,
that those you love may be delivered.

Truth Dare:
1 John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

The Challenge: Steps to Take
Today the dare is to Thank the Father many times for two two things:
1. You are His Child
2. He lavishes His love on You
Lavishes means: Profuse or Extravagant Display of something

Today give to God "other" things you have been "called". Maybe you are negative about yourself, or you have been labeled by others. But, God calls you HIS CHILD.

A child is one who needs care, protection, love, and direction. This is what God can be for each of us. As simplistic as it sounds...We are His Child. How many of us live as daughters of God? Sadly, I think we need to challenge ourselves to not overlook this basic/profound truth. It is the basis and foundation for which healthy relationship with God and others is built upon.

Daily Prayer
Lord, I often feel alone, or filled with shame, or stuck in insecurity. In these places that pull me down to earth's level of thinking, I forget your love for me. Thank you that your love is profuse, extravagant and poured upon me. In a whole world filled with people, you care enough to lavish your love on me...because you call me you own. Thank You.

2 comments:

Lorri said...

Oh...thanks for a perfect focus for the day! I will promote the challenge tomorrow on my blog.

From your writng buddy: Lavish comes from the latin, "Lavar" meaning "to wash." It can be read bibically to mean, "to pour over, to wash like a flood of rain, a down pour." Isn't that a wonderful image? Lavishly loved, we are His: completely dretched and cleansed in His downpour of Love! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I finally got on!! Thank you Debbie, I will take the dare! Thank you for the reminder of His extravagant love today! I will be filled with it all day and "dare" to pour it out on others.!!

God bless your day!