Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 21 of the Truth Dare

Pearls are formed one irritating grain of sand at a time. I was told it takes 5 years of this kind of irritant to create these black pearls. Aren't they beautiful?

"Little by little we are changed by this daily crucifixion of the will. Changed, not like a tornado changes things, but like a grain of sand in an oyster changes things. Please remember we are dealing with the crucifixion of the will not the obliteration of the will. Crucifixion always has resurrection tied to it. God is not destroying the will but transforming it." Richard Foster

Praise Prayer/ Psalm 91:14-16
Because he loves me, says the LORD, " I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.

Truth Dare
Hebrews 12:1-1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross.

"Our outer person, our flesh or our self-centeredness, must be broken to release spiritual power from Christ within. The unbroken flesh is what hinders Jesus from being all powerful within us." Jennifer Kennedy Dean--from He Restores My Soul

Challenge Steps

  • Throw Off all that hinders you ( stop and think about what this is asking of you)
  • Say "No" to the sin that has you tangled in knots ( the first thing that came to your mind)
  • Run the race that is marked out for you to run ( don't run anyone else's marathon, only yours)
  • Fix your eyes on one focus only, Jesus. ( He wants to be your everything)
  • Refocus and rethink as often as needed throughout the day
Daily Prayer
Lord I long for your Spirit's present tense power. I want the indwelling life of Christ to be my greatest reality.

No comments: