Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 6 of the Truth Dare

Welcome Baby Lucy!

This picture of Lucy makes her look like a peaceful puppy. But she didn't start out that way. This week, her first with us, has been rough. But after many cries, and lots of nervous whimpers, she finally trusts us. Dear Wild Woman...what does your snapshot look like? Maybe you have cried and cried this week. Perhaps you have had lots of nervous whimpers too. Well, now is the time to get settled and calm your heart before God. It's time to trust him.

Coming to Jesus is Wild, isn't it? Sometimes it's much easier to whine and complain. But, when we come, he is pleased with our dependence on him and our trust in his power. This week when Lucy would not settle down she seemed to be perfect picture of me...crying, crying, crying. All the while, my Jesus, just wants to settle me, comfort me, help me, and give good gifts.

Day 6 Praise/ Prayer Psalm 4
Know the Lord has set apart the godly for himself
The LORD will hear him when I call to him.
You have filled my heart with greater joy
than when their grain and new wine abound.
I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.


Truth Dare
Psalm 104 :5
Offer right sacrifices and trust in the Lord.

Matthew 7:9-11
Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or is he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!


The Challenge Steps
  1. The right sacrifice to God is to Trust Him...even when things are not great, and even "if" you don't feel like it, and especially "in the meantime"
  2. The truth we must believe is that God desires for us to receive FROM HIM
  3. The step we must practice is acting like He is who He says He is...Our Heavenly Father
  4. The peace we will receive is much the same as Lucy in the soft bed, cuddled in, and finally at peace....trusting.
Daily Prayer
Oh Father, may I believe you are my Father and may I live in peace because of who you are.
I call to you with my cries and disbelief...settle me down in you.

No comments: