Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 2 of the Truth Dare

Let's start with a reminder of our laws of Wild Leadership:
Leadership #1 To be a good leader you must first be a good follower

Now let's add to that first one.
Leadership #2 To lead well you must learn to love well.

Day 2 Praise Prayer/ Psalm 136
I
will give thanks to the Lord, for he is good
His love endures forever
I will give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.
I will give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever.
Thank you Lord that Your Love endures forever.

Truth Dare
Matthew 5:43-45
"You have heard it said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be the sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

The Challenge: Steps to Take
1. Ask God to show me the areas of blindness in my relationships.
2. Recognize the reasons why people usually love-less ( hate)
jealousy, hurt, offended, competitiveness, pride
3. Get real about my reasons for loving-less. Take personal responsibility
4. Commit to God someone I do not like nor care to like. Ask God to change "me"
5. Pray for this person today. Ask God to bless them

Daily Prayer
Heavenly Father, work an agreement to the truth within my soul. I don't know how to love my enemies. My own hurts get in the way and my selfish heart cries out for love...and when I am loved I then want to love back. But the truth is...you want me to love firs regardless of the outcome. You can teach me how to love more, not love less. I want to learn your ways. Help me. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about being on a Truth Dare - Thank You for your encouraging words and infusing God into my life! Also, I love your sweet prayer at the end of each day! Love, Terry

Juliarose said...

I am signing up! What a great idea :)