Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 19 of the Truth Dare

Perspective. Life is all about perspective. My vision isn't what it used to be, so I need the help of glasses or contacts to see correctly. This need for vision correction reminds me that sometimes my faith and attitude about life isn't what it use to be either.

Hurt upon hurt can cause a callous to form and a dimming of spiritual vision. I need help seeing life through different lenses....the lens of truth...the lens of God's Word, the lens of God's love.

Perspective: A mental view
What's your perspective today?

Let's add another Wild Leadership Principle:
To lead well you must learn to focus on things above, not cave into things around you.

Praise/ Prayer Psalm 32:8,11
The Lord says,
I will instruct you.
I will teach you the way that you should go.
I will advise you as my eyes watch over you.
Be glad and find joy in the LORD, you righteous people. Sing with joy!

Truth Dare
Colossians 3:1-4
Since you were brought back to life with Christ, focus on the things that are above...where Christ holds the highest position. Keep your mind on things above, not on worldly things. You have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. Christ is your life.

Challenge Steps
  • Examine your focus, is it on Christ and his purposes, or on your hurt , fears, and circumstances?
  • Decide how you will keep your mind on things above.
  • Today choose to intentionally meditate on Scripture, and let it fill you with God's will for you.
  • Make today count. Choose a new perspective, a new focus, and a clearer vision for your life in Christ.
Daily Prayer
Lord, it is so easy for me to focus on all the wrong things...what I don't have, what I don't like, what hurts me or what has hurt others. Help me not to cave into my hurt or my feelings, but instead to turn my attention to you in the midst of all things. I need new eyes, new perspective, and a new attitude. I need you.

No comments: