Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day 26 of the Truth Dare

Thanks...Giving

D.L. Moody, founder of the Moody Bible Institute, said, " Do all the good you can, to all the people you can, in all the ways you can, as long as you can"

Being generous means keeping your eyes open to opportunities to give to everyone all around you. Life's most persistent request is, "What am I doing for others? How am I living towards others?"
Jesus had his heart towards God, and always had his hand towards man.

The discipline of Generosity ( taken from John Maxell, Make Today Count)
  • Value people: This means treating everyone with respect.
  • Know what people value: This means listening and seeking to understand others.
  • Make myself more valuable: This means growing in order to give, because I cannot give what I don not possess.
  • Do things that God values: Since he unconditionally loves people, so must I.
Praise Prayer/ Psalm 145:13-16
The LORD upholds all those who fall
and lifts up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look to you,
and you give them their food at the proper time.
You open your hand and satisfy the desire
of every living thing.

Truth Dare
Luke 6:38
Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Challenge Steps
Look for ways to give...
  • a kind word
  • a helping hand
  • a monetary help
  • a smile
  • a sincere compliment ( catch people doing good and tell them!)
  • a hug
  • a call
  • an email
  • a text of thankfulness
      • anything that demonstrates giving something "good" to someone else, because PEOPLE have value to God
Daily Prayer
Lord, I thank you for your love for me. I am amazed that even in my weakness, mistakes, and stupid stuff, you still love me. I realize it's because you value those you have made. You valued us enough to die for us that we might be born-again into a spiritual rebirth. I want to remember that you value each person like that. Help me to extend grace, love and giving to everyone this season.

No comments: