Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 18 of the Truth Dare

Is the theme of your life Friendship with God?

The most important aspect of Christianity is not the work we do, but the relationship we maintain and the surrounding influence and qualities produced by that relationship. That is all God asks us to give our attention to, and it is the one thin that is continually under attack...Oswald Chambers

Praise Prayer/ Psalm 144: 1-2
Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge.

Truth Dare
1 Corinthians 1: 20,27-30
Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;God chose the weak things of this world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things, and the things that are not, to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God, that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: " Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

Challenge Steps
  • Bring before God all that you have..time, treasures and talents
  • Acknowledge what this passage says...that your best is nothing compared to the Greatness of God, His strength is made perfect in your weakness
  • Ask God to forgive you for all the times you have tried to "make things work" on your own
  • Go out today in the power, strength and gifting of God to leave his mark everywhere He sends you...
  • Be mindful of the God who is with you, the God who guides you, and the God who empowers you
  • Say of yourself, " My God is My strength: My God is in me accomplishing Heaven's work today"
  • Pray the WILD prayer, "Less of Me and More of Thee!"

Remember: It is not a matter of our ability or equipment, but a matter of our poverty; not of what we bring with us, but of what God puts into us, not a matter of natural virtues, of strength of character, of knowledge, or of experience...all of that is of no avail. The only thing of value is being taken into the compelling purpose of God and being in friendship with Him.

Daily Prayer
Father, I am so thankful that I don't have to depend of myself. But this is also a challenge as it is my "self" that I have learned to depend on. It is my "self" that I have learned to trust. I need a change in the theme of my life. Father, may my life reflect only you, and may my trust be ever in you and you alone. You are strong and mighty...I ask you today to shine through me.

No comments: