Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 20 of the Truth Dare

Wild Leadership Principle
To lead well, you must learn to guard your heart from the evil one.

Proverbs offer wisdom for living. Proverbs 4:23 tells us, " Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life." The deep well of our hearts is what motivates our actions, words, attitudes and choices. Our hearts can be affected by bitterness, sin, greed, worry, unforgiveness and a variety of other things. Knowing this, we must keep watch on our hearts. We can not control what others do to us, what others say about us or what life throws our way. But we can guard our hearts from losing faith in the middle of it all. In the middle of what we see, we need to be reminded of what we don't see...there is a spiritual battle, and we do have an enemy who seeks to devour us. Our hearts must be guarded against the lies from Hell and anything that does not line up with Biblical truth.To lead well, we must learn to guard our hearts from the evil one.

Praise/ Prayer Psalm 51
Create in me a pure heart, O God
and renew a steadfast spirit within me
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Truth Dare

Colossians 3:5-19

Put to death whatever is worldly in you:
your sexual sin, perversion, passion, lust, and greed
(which is the same thing as worshiping wealth)

It is because of these sins that God's anger comes on those who refuse to obey him.
You used to live that kind of sinful life. Also get rid of your anger, hot tempers, hatred, cursing, obscene language, and all similar sins.

Don't lie to each other. You've gotten rid of the person you used to be and the life you used to live, and you've become a new person.

Challenge Steps
  • Imagine the woman you would like to be.
  • How does she react and respond to life?
  • What is her attitude towards others?
  • Now, begin today to walk in that woman...the new woman you are in Christ.
  • One step at a time, allow God to penetrate the areas of sin that you hold tightly to.
Daily Prayer
Lord help me to keep my focus on you. Take my heart and mold it continually according to your good and perfect will. Teach me what it means to guard my heart. Show me what walking before you with a broken and contrite spirit looks like. I put my trust in you and ask you to continually restore to me the JOY of my salvation. I am grateful for the gift of Jesus. I am grateful for grace and mercy. I praise you for your love for me. Now, teach me your ways.

No comments: