Thursday, January 1, 2009

Celebrate!


Celebrate:
1.)To observe a day or event with respect, festivity or rejoicing.
2.) To praise or extol.


We often think of a celebration as a party. And, according to the dictionary definition, a party would line up with the meaning of the word celebration. But, in the definition we see something that is not just reserved for special occasions. To celebrate can be a daily thing. To celebrate is to observe each day with respect.

Not one of us knows how many days we have left in the countdown of our lives. Some people die young and some live to be 100. We don't get to know the day or the hour, the months or the years...those facts are kept by the God who created us. Because we can't know, we should all live each day with the respect it deserves. Life is a gift and each day can be lived with festivity and rejoicing.

But, what about my problems?
Psa 55:22 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
1Pe 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

I guess it boils down to this:
  • We have been given today...what will we do with it?
  • We have been given today...what mind set will we carry around the next 24 hours?
  • We have been given today...will we be happy and merry? or moody and sad?
  • We have been given today...will we cast our problems on the Lord and trust His care for us?
  • We have been given today...will we respect the gift or throw it away?

We all get to choose what we do with what we have been given today!

Deu 30:19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

Psa 145:7 They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

Today's Prayer:
Lord,
Teach me what it means to celebrate the day. Teach me what it means to have festivity and rejoicing on a daily basis. Teach me what it means to respect the day you have put before me.
I am listening. I want to learn. I want to be changed. I want to have a wild-shift in the way I approach life. Teach me how.

No comments: