Thursday, January 15, 2009

Are you consulting the Lord about Today's Things?


An undivided heart must have one allegiance at it's source. For us, this means we have a few choices:
  • Self and all it's interests, dreams and concerns.
  • Others and their approval, seeking to meet all their expectations first and for most.
  • Culture and what is popular, trendy, expected, and valued by our overall society.
  • God and all that He is, all that He is doing, Where He is leading and working, His purposes.

Here is something spoken to the people of Israel, as they were heading back into Egypt.
Isaiah 30:1-2, 15,18-21

" Woe to the obstinate children, declares the LORD, to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not with my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin; without consulting me; who look for help to Pharoh's protection, to Egypt's shade for refuge." This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength...the Lord longs to be gracious to you, he rises to show you compassion. Blessed are all who wait for him! How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it."

How many times do you go through your day just doing your "thing"never once consulting God about any of it? Life becomes routine rather than a remembrance of the reality of God's movement in each day.

I know that far too often I live like that. How beautiful it is to hear that I will be Blessed as I wait on Him and Trust Him, and as I call to him he hears and answers! And, to think that God himself will whisper in to my heart, the direction to go each day. I just have to tune in! I must have my allegiance to ONE only, if not all the other voices will yell at me to choose them.

Who have you consulted today?

Today's Prayer
Father, Ahhhh, so often I jump out of bed, rush to get ready, get on with "my" day, not realizing that it was meant to be "your" day lived through me. Help me Father for a change of focus, direction and seeking-style! I want to answer your voice, heed your heart whispers, and please you above all else.

No comments: