Saturday, January 24, 2009

Swing Open the Door of Your Heart!


Today a quote from Oswald Chambers:
"Unless you learn to open the door of your life completely and let God in from your first waking moment of each new day, you will be working on the wrong level throughout the day. But if you will swing the door of your life fully open and "pray to your Father who is in the secret place," every public thing in your life will be marked with the lasting imprint of the presence of God."

I want God's lasting imprint and presence to characterize my days. So, today I am reminded to swing open the door of my heart.

Swing it Open Girls! Swing it Open!

Father,
Opening the door of my life each day to you is something that I must learn because waking up and just living for "me" is my natural habit. Teach me Lord. Remind me. Leave the imprint of Jesus wherever you send me out each day. Oh Lord, I desire to be your vessel, your woman, your set-apart girl. Jesus make that so as you teach me to follow you.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Jesus.
Jesus Who?
Jesus Lover of your Soul.
Oh! Jesus, won't you please come in...it's so good to see you!