Saturday, January 17, 2009

I would Run but I Keep Tripping....


When we have a problem, we are to run to Jesus. Right?
But, what if we keep tripping up every time we run?

Some days I start with my heart single focused and my spiritual running shoes on, and then the day goes by and I trip on my own shoe laces....I forget to come to Him with the little things that nag at me during the day. So, after awhile, I just forget to keep running to Him.

Anyone else?

Beth Moore says,
"Godliness is not perfection. If you are striving daily to give God your heart and mind
and are sensitive to sin. I'd call you godly." ( from Breaking Free)


1 Timothy 4:8
"The training of the body has a limited benefit, but godliness is beneficial in every way, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Isn't it WILD to think that we don't have to run this race perfectly? Yes we will stumble, fall, trip up from time to time. Maybe many times! But, Our God who is developing us into His people, His women, will keep picking us up, dusting us off and putting us right back on the training track.

Keep Looking Up!

Today's Prayer
Lord, thank you that I am not required to be perfect. I am not even required to act like I am. I can be me...woman in process...woman who is learning to seek you...woman who wants to have your heart but sometimes doesn't. All I am asking for today is summed up in one word...GRACE.
Do in me what only you can do, change me like only you can change a person, teach me to run as only you can teach me. I desire to be swift and directed with my eyes on the finish line, on the goal of pleasing you. One Day at a Time.

2 comments:

Lorri said...

Love it. I have this gospel song that says, "If you can't run, then crawl."

Soaring
Running
Walking
or Crawling

what really matters is keeping our eyes on Him!
Thanks for a great reminder!

Love you! Lorri

Tea with Tiffany said...

Great encouragement and prayer.

Thank you for your ministry.