Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I had single purpose but... then....


Let's face it, it's much easier to have a fully devoted heart when everything is going fine. But what about when we have bad news, a bad day, a bad fight with someone...

Part of living with an undivided heart is learning to live "well" and intentionally in truth even when the sky is falling in our personal lives...especially then!

It's time to learn to battle through our moods, feelings, and emotions to the point of complete devotion to our Lord Jesus Christ. Oswald Chambers calls this, "breaking out of our own little world of experience into abandoned devotion to Him". I like that.

Let's break out of our own little world, our own little moods, our own little feelings and emotions into something bigger than ourselves! How? We must continually focus and firmly place our faith in Jesus Christ.

"Since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:14-16

Today approach Jesus with your moods, feelings and emotions. Ask him for mercy and grace to live bigger than the smallness of yourself. Ask him for the grace to learn to walk with an undivided heart...a heart fully fastened on Him and His love for you.

Today's Prayer
Jesus,
I often forget that you desire to offer mercy, grace and compassion to me. I sometimes feel ashamed of what I am feeling or thinking and so I keep it to myself rather than bring it to you. Remind me, next time, to bring everything before you, because you care, understand and want to instruct me how to live in a place that is bigger than just "me" and filled with THEE.

No comments: