Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ending 2008






2008. What has it meant for you?
Good, bad, fortunate, unfortunate, blessing....cursing....sickness...health?
Maybe 2008 has been a mix of all the above.

For me 2008 has been another turning point.
I started the year with pneumonia that became a chronic lung condition.
For a few days I awaited tests to see if I too had lung cancer, the same cancer that took my father.

Thankfully, for now, the spot on the lung appears to be just scarring of some kind. ( I have never smoked but my lungs have been affected by 2nd hand smoke exposure, which I had no control over...there are many things in life that we have no control over!)
However, the turning point came in realizing that I worry too much.

Do you worry too much?
How is that going for you? Does it change anything?

The main thing that God has been speaking to me all year is one word... PROVISION.
He continually keeps telling me, in each new situation, that He is my provision. This providence has no boundaries but applies to relationships, finances, health, emotional needs, spiritual desires. He is my Provision!

He is yours too.
Take that word today and hold it in your heart.
Begin the new year with that word...PROVISION.

How can we lead others when we don't even embrace the most basic of truths. PROVISION.

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides with with everything." 1 Timothy 6:17

Oswald Chambers says:
"He urges us to keep our minds filled with the concept of God's control over everything. Fill your mind with the through that God is there. And once your mind is truly filled with that thought, when you experience difficulties it will be as easy as breathing for you to remember, " My heavenly Father knows all about this!" This will be no effort at all, but will be as natural thing for you when difficulties and uncertainties arise. Before you formed this concept of divine control so powerfully in your mind, you used to go from person to person seeking help, but now you go to God about it. Jesus is laying down the rules of conduct for those people who have His Spirit, and it works on the following principle: God is my Father, He loves me, and I will never think of anything that He will forget, so why should I worry?"

Celebrate His Provision, Care and Love for you as you go into 2009.
Your God will supply all your needs in Christ Jesus today, and every day of the New Year!

Today's Prayer
Father,
I pray a blessing of peace and absence of worry over each woman reading this blog. Make real to her the truth that you are her Provision in every area. Help her to begin the new year with absolute trust in the God who loves her most. Be our everything Jesus, our everything.

No comments: