Monday, December 22, 2008

Make Today Count

Focus is what our life is all about.
Where is your focus today?
Mine is finishing Christmas,
attending Chelsea's memorial service,
and finally...getting my hair done.

I also want to focus on Christ and obedience to Him in all things today.

That might look like a prayer that goes:
  • Lord, lead me to the right gifts that will be a blessing and fit in my budget.
  • Lord, speak to my heart about giving to those in need. Who else might I reach out to?
  • Lord, may I be a light at Chelsea's service. You are in me everywhere I go, I acknowledge that and pray that your grace will pour forth from me.
  • Lord, be with Chelsea's family and friends today.
  • Lord, may I be a blessing to my niece who does my hair.
  • Lord, may I think of you many times today, focus upwards and give thanks.
  • Lord, may I not forget you at all in the middle of the hustle and bustle of real life.

On and on....what is your focus?

Beth Moore on Obedience says:
"You may never feel like giving your circumstance, hurt or loss over to God, but you can choose to submit to Him out of belief and obedience rather than emotion. Obedience is always the mark of authentic surrender to God's authority." ( from Breaking Free)

  • Make today an authentic, walking in Jesus, obeying his still small voice and nudge, day!
  • Make today count. Do what "you" can do today, and listen to the Lord say...she has done a beautiful thing.
  • Go out and make a difference wherever He leads you!

Christmas Prayer:
Lord, Less of Me and More of Thee. Amen!

1 comment:

Lorri said...

I like how you walked us through a sample day of praying and focus. Love you and love your blog! Lorri