Thursday, December 11, 2008

15 days to Christmas

The Countdown Begins.....

Don't panic. Don't scream.
Don't call in sick to work to get your "things" done.
Christmas is more than an event, more than a day.
In fact, Christmas is a lifestyle...Not the trees, lights, and gifts. Not parties, cookies and eggnog. But, the entrance of Christ in our midst, the entrance of Christ in our hearts, the reality of heaven's gift in our daily dealings...this is Christmas.

Christmas, the birth of Christ, was to be the beginning of a life change for people.
He came to set people free from themselves.
So really we are celebrating Christ More....More of Christ, Less of Me!

As we head towards the count down to the day we Celebrate the birth of Christ, keep that in mind.

  • I am to love Christ more
  • I am to know Christ more
  • I am to trust Christ more
  • I am to live in Christ more

Because...that is why He came.
So that, those who live for themselves would no longer live for themselves but entirely for him. He came to save us from our sinful natural selves, bringing us into the light of salvation and love.

Think about it today. What would represent Christ more in your life just for today?

Christmas Prayer,
Lord I want to know you and love you more than I ever have. Thank you for being the God who is with me more than I can imagine.

No comments: