Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Focused Hustle and Bustle....


I woke up this morning rushed,
stressed and racing for a pen and paper.
I was about to make my final Christmas "to-do" list when I stopped and took a breath.
Breathe in, Breathe out......
Quick breath and off I went to an early before -work breakfast with some women.
Great time! Fun! Fellowship! Merry!

Off again...about my day.
In the parking lot my car would not start....
Left my lights on in the midst of hustle bustle.
Ugh!
Breathe in, Breathe out....
It could be worse!

Focus is what our life is all about!

Focus: The central point of attention or activity to aim attention at...to fix, fasten, fixate or sharpen.

Synonyms: center, core, focal point, heart, hub, target

Proverbs 23:7
"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." NKJV

"For as he thinks within himself, so he is. he says to you " Eat and drink!" but his heart is not with you. " NASB

Focus is about what we fix our thoughts on, what we pay attention to. And, according to Proverbs what we think about is really who we are at the core of us. So...where is your focus?

In the middle of the hustle and bustle, drained battery in the car and drained energy in my mind.....I am reminded that my focus is to be on the God who gives me life. Breathe...yes! Breathe....yes!
Breathe in the fresh peace that only comes from God.
not at this world gives...but as only God can give.

After all, the crux of the Christmas message was foretold in Isa 9:6...

For unto us a child is born, and he will be called:
  • Wonderful Counselor
  • Mighty God
  • Everlasting Father
  • Prince of Peace
Be filled with Peace in the midst of it all.
Smile...God is with you
Smile...the son was born to be LIFE to you
Smile...God is our source
Smile...it could be worse, you could be alone to fend for yourself
Smile...Because of Jesus you are never alone!
Christmas Prayer
Lord may my hustle and bustle remain focused and not frenzied. May I gain strength from you as I race about my errands and live through this day....2 days before Christmas. Lord, I want you. I want my heart to be fixated on you.

No comments: