Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 4 of Untangling Christmas


As we move towards Christmas Celebrations, let's remind ourselves what we are celebrating! Today let's look at yet another name for the Messiah from Isaiah 9:6....

His name is Mighty God
Mighty comes from the Hebrew word gibbor, which means powerful, warrior, champion, chief, giant, and strong. I can now say, " He is my powerful God, a warrior, and a champion. He is my giant God and my strong God."

The thesaurus describes mighty as sound and sure. I like that.
A quick glance at today's newspaper is a reminder that not much seems sure or steady these days. The stock market continues to drop, houses continue to forclose, and companies continue to close down. Can't it all just be put on hold so everyone can have their picture-perfect holiday?

In the real world, there are hard times that we must learn to deal with.
If we believe that Jesus is a Mighty Warrior always working on our behalf, then dealing with problems becomes a whole lot easier. ...because we learn to deal with a faith focus.

His power working on our behalf is a present reality no matter what the news reports today. The Bible's report remains the same as it has always been....
  • He is a Wonderful Counselor
  • He is a Mighty God

The next time you are tempted to buckle under the temptation to fear or doubt, remember God is absolutely jumbo, huge, vast and mighty!

  • Think about how big He is today!
  • What area of your life do you need to see His Mighty Power working?
  • What prayers are the nearest and dearest to your heart today?
  • Reflect on the gift of Jesus and His promise to be our Mighty God.
  • Thank Him several times today for who he is as your Mighty God.

Christmas Prayer
Mighty God, I thank you that your purpose will stand in my life. I desire to know you for who you really are, not what my little mind might limit you to. Help me in all areas where my belief is small. Give me jumbo trust in my jumbo God. Oh, Jesus...it is Merry Christmas. It is a time to celebrate. Joy to the World, for Our Mighty God has come to be our sound and sure help in all our times of need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Debbie for being faithful to encourage me to live in His truth every day! Yosie