Wednesday, December 17, 2008

8 days til Christmas

Over the next 8 days I am planning on doing one specific, repeated thing...every morning, and every night.

I am going to start each day and end day with something like:
  • Thank You Lord, that you are always with me. Immanuel, the God who is with me.
  • Thank You Lord, that you are my Wonderful Counselor, giving me the right direction.
  • Thank You Lord, that you are a Mighty God, powerful to do all things.
  • Thank You Lord, that you are my Everlasting Father, nothing can take me from your hand.
  • Thank You Lord, that you are the Prince of Peace, as I focus on You my mind is kept in peace.

The first step out of any funk is Focus.
Where is your focus today?
The above exercise of Thanks and Praise will realign your focus to things that are good.

The second step out of any funk is change of position.
This position change is an attitudinal change, choosing to live as an overcomer rather than UNDER the circumstances of life. We can always climb UNDER and sulk, stress and such. Try something different. You are not some random person who must fend for yourself. Mighty God came to be your everything. Jesus, born in a manger, was sent to lead you into all truth. Receive the truth of: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! ( Phil 4:13)

Think of both today. Join me in thanking God for the Good of Who He is.

Your day will be as merry or moody as you choose it to be.
What will you choose?

Christmas Prayer
Lord, help me to choose merry, joy, and peace rather than moody, needy and helpless. I receive your strength for the day.

No comments: