Saturday, February 7, 2009

What if we took a breath and remembered where it came from?

I had a fitful sleep. I woke a few times trying to catch my breath, thought I was dreaming. Who knows? Maybe I was. But, I have a new addition to growing up and it's asthma. It's been fine for about 2 months now, but the new addition to my world decided to visit last night and this morning. You just don't know how great it is to breathe until you can't. It's not much fun waking up on a Saturday morning with a change in plans because you just can't breathe!

We take things for granted...like breathing.

Today's Question: What if...we took a breath and remembered where that breath came from?

Today's Verse

Acts 17:25,28

"He himself gives to all life and breath and all things...For in Him we live and move and exist." NAS

Processing the Verse

  • He Gives Us Life
  • He Gives us Our Breath
  • He Gives us All things
  • I live because of Him
  • I move because of Him
  • I exist because of Him
  • Period.

Processing the Question...What if..I took a breath and remembered where it came from.

I go about life not thinking of the reality that I am held together because of the God who created me. I move about, my little world, feeling strong and in control of my little life, until I can't move, can't breathe, or can't seem to get something together. It's time to wake up each morning to being thankful for things like: Breathing and Moving About.

Today's Prayer

Lord, I am thankful for things like my inhaler and medicines that open up airways. But, I am sorry that I get going so quickly through life that I forget who gives me all of life, including the ability to breathe. I thank you today for holding me together, giving me life, giving me breath, and everything else. I exist in you, because of you, and for you. I never want to forget that. So, it's Saturday....what did you have in mind for our day?

No comments: