Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What if we lived a holy life?


Today's Question
What if...I took seriously the fact that God has called me to live a holy life?

Processing the Question
  • What does holy look like in real life?
  • Am I willing to change or give up things in order to live this kind of life?
  • What in my life keeps me self focused and stuck?
  • Do I think that holy living is old fashioned?
  • Do I believe that purity of life is necessary?
  • Is holy living being "too spiritual" for any earthly good?

Today's Truth
1 Thessalonians 4:7-8
"For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit."

Colossians 3:5
"Put to death whatever belongs to your earthly nature...you used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. But now, you must rid yourselves of such things."



Today's Prayer
Lord, I don't often think about holy living. I am just living, and wanting to please you, but not really paying much attention to it being pure. Purity of life style would encompass so many areas. Show me what you want me to see in this today. And, lead me to ask myself the hard questions if necessary. I look to you to show me how my life is NOT lined up to this instruction out of 1 Thes., and welcome you letting me know what has to go for my life to be pure and holy unto you.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Wow, what does Holy Living look like in real life? That is a great question. I'm going to have to think about this one...Holy living in a modern world...we need a practical guidebook...to be in the world but not of the world, that is the question! And how do we do it without becoming separatist or legalists? Great food for though my friend.