Friday, February 6, 2009

What if I Called to Jesus each time I had a need?

Today's Question?
We all call people. Especially now with cell phones, people have become so accessible. Anytime day or night...driving, working, eating, whatever and whenever...we can all text or call at will. Have a problem...get in touch with a friend.

But, What if..we "called" Jesus each time we had a need?

Today's Truth
2 Samuel 22:4
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.

Psalm 4:3
Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself; the LORD will hear when I call to him.

Psalm 116:17
I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the LORD.

Jer 33:3
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

Processing the Truth
  • When we call out to God, we are taught in Scripture, that He does Hear.
  • When we call out to God, though we see immediate results, we are taught He answers.
  • When we call out to God, he not only answers, he shows us things that we did not know, so we gain wisdom.
  • Calling out to God is sometimes hard, it's a thank offering...this is true when we are stressed, hurting, confused...it is then that our calling to God out of obedience is like worship, because we are offering ourselves and our hearts and our cares to Him...a thank offering. Thank You Jesus that you hear me, even though I don't hear you today. Thank You Jesus that you answer even when I don't realize you are answering. Thank You Jesus that you hold me together even when I feel like I am falling apart.
Processing the Question...What if I called out to Jesus.....when in need....
  • Based on Scripture, and the example laid out, why don't I do this?
  • Is it because I haven't developed the habit of calling him?
  • Is it because I depend on people too much?
  • Is it because I forget?
Today's Prayer
Lord, Please remind me to call out to you. Show me how this really is a thank-offering. Develop me in this habit of going to the throne rather than to the phone.

No comments: